This past weekend, Fox News released a new commercial contending Dish Network is ‘censoring’ the news. Last month, Dish Network blacked out Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network after the two parties could not agree to a new contract.
— TVNewsInsider (@tvnewsinsider) January 12, 2015
“Attention Dish Customers, Dish has dropped Fox News, now you should drop Dish!,” says host Bill O’Reilly, followed by Megyn Kelly, who coincidentally comes next in the network’s primetime lineup. “13 years at number one,” she says. “Now Dish doesn’t want you to have Fox?”
“They’re censoring what you see!,” O’Reilly proclaims in the ad.
The blackout took place on December 20 and the Fox channels have since been temporarily replaced by two other conservative options for Dish customers: The Blaze and Newsmax’s TV channel.
Advertisement - story continues below
Still, the impasse between the two sides has resulted in the cancellation of 90,000 Dish subscriptions. Many more cancellations could have taken place, as documented by a story posted Saturday on KeepFoxNews.com featuring an unnamed, though frustrated Dish customer:
Dad has been trying for over a week to cancel DISH because he decided to go with DirecTV. He has called numerous times and EVERY SINGLE TIME he said he was cancelling their service because they are no longer carrying Fox he was put on hold for 45 minutes, after the 45 minutes of holding – the line goes dead and gives him a dial tone.
My daughter did some research this morning on Dish and found that THOUSANDS of subscribers are saying the same thing! They try to cancel their subscriptions, get put on hold and after a long period of time the line goes to a dial tone.
h/t: CNN Money