Advertisement - story continues below
Judge Jeanine Pirro is a former prosecutor, judge, and elected official from New York, the same state wherein Hillary Clinton served as a U.S. Senator. Pirro, now a Fox News talk show host with her own show, Justice with Judge Jeanine, has a lot to say about the need for Clinton to testify before the Select Committee on Benghazi. Specifically, Pirro takes umbrage with Clinton’s claims to have already answered questions related to the Benghazi attacks.
Pirro stated: “You say you’ve already testified to the best of your ability. Come on, Hillary, that’s nonsense and you know it…Had it not been for Trey Gowdy, we would never have known about the server, the lies, the emails and the danger zone you allowed to our national security…To all the critics out there: let Trey Gowdy do his job.”
It’s true that Clinton did testify before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, where she made this controversial statement.
With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?
Those comments by Clinton seemingly minimized the supposed false narrative issued by the Obama administration’s Susan Rice: “Our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous – not a premeditated – response to what had transpired in Cairo.”
Advertisement - story continues below
The denial that Benghazi was a coordinated attack to commemorate the 9/11 bombings drew criticism, with many saying that the Obama administration was lying to the American people about the cause of the attacks. The resulting investigations, born out of the death of U.S. diplomats, are continuing to this day and include Clinton’s testimony to be given to the Benghazi committee this week.
Clinton’s role in Benghazi as Secretary of State is what is being called into question by Pirro, who states that the committee still has some very important questions that Clinton needs to answer.
Pirro pointed out that Clinton is getting too many free passes, even from the president, and she highlighted Bernie Sanders’ refusal to attack his opponent in the Democratic debate last week when he said, “The American people are sick and tired of hearing about your d–n emails.” Pirro stated that Clinton should no longer get any free passes.
Advertisement – story continues below
If Pirro were running the investigation, here are some of the questions she would like answers to:
- You’re the one who rejected the peace talks for Libya. Why Hillary?
- What was so important to you about Libya?
- Why was it so important that you be able to say all was normalized when in reality al-Qaeda and training camps surrounded our consulate?
- Was it the business interests in Libya you communicated with Sidney Blumenthal about?
- And why were we there when everyone else left?
- Why did you whisper to the parents of the dead in Libya that you would get the man who made the video but were shrewd enough to send someone else out there to carry your water?
- Did you tell the Accountability Review Board investigators that you would appoint them if they agreed not to question you?
- You the secretary of state? The person in charge of the consulate?
- Why did Chery Mills–also on your private server–tell Greg Hicks, the highest ranking military man on the ground in Libya, not to talk with Congress? [sic]
- Where were you that night, Hillary? Was the president in the situation room with you? Was Valerie Jarrett in the situation room?
This is the first time there will be an in-depth interrogation by the most experienced prosecutor in Congress. And I know you want this to be old news. But it’s new news, and had Congressman Gowdy not insisted upon getting answers from you –which you desperately tried to not answer, desperately tried to delay, desperately tried to conceal and to scrub–we would never have known about your little private email server with your 2 lieutenants Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills.
We would never have known about the missing emails that you said you never had. We would never have known about Sidney Blumenthal’s emails on Benghazi which you said were unsolicited and then find out that’s a lie. Should this investigation have been closed when there were outstanding subpoenas? After years, the committee is getting info no other committee ever had–like 4,000 pages of emails just delivered.
And two federal judges blame you for the delay and gobbly-gook of your State Department. Had it not been for Trey Gowdy, we would never have known about the server, the lies, the emails and the danger zone you allowed to our national security.
I don’t know the answers to any of those questions.
To all the critics out there: let Trey Gowdy do his job so we know the answer to these questions once and for all.
Do you think Hillary Clinton will let Trey Gowdy do his job? Or will she continue to downplay, stall, and delay?