Advertisement - story continues below
Former Fox News host Megyn Kelly is shaking things up at her new network and she hasn’t even started working yet.
Page Six reported Friday that NBC is canceling the third hour of the Today show and ousting two anchors to make room for Kelly’s new show.
According to People magazine, Al Roker and Tamron Hall are the anchors who will be replaced.
Advertisement - story continues below
Both reports said NBC will put Kelly at either 9 or 10 a.m., which is currently hosted by Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford.
“If she takes over Hoda and Kathie Lee’s 10 a.m. hour, they will move to the 9 a.m. hour,” a source reportedly told Page Six.
Roker, who has been with Today since 1996, will continue his duties from 7 to 9 a.m. Hall, however, is reported to be leaving in February after her contract expires.
Advertisement - story continues below
On Thursday, Roker tweeted his appreciation to Today’s 9 a.m. producers for his hour’s strong ratings.
Congrats to our #TODAYsTake @TODAYshow 9am producers for producing the #1 morning show 7 weeks in a row!! @tamronhall and I are very blessed pic.twitter.com/uNgvGim2Pc
— Al Roker (@alroker) January 26, 2017
Just 24 hours later, producers of Today’s third hour reportedly learned they would be replaced.
Kelly’s new show starts in September, according to Page Six. It is unclear whether it will carry the Today branding.
Advertisement - story continues below
Employees with the network are confused about the sudden shakeup, according to Page Six.
“Everyone has been left in the dark and no one knows why there’s such a disruption when shows are doing so well across the board,” an insider reportedly said.
Another source said: “People are pissed. The third hour was beating every syndicated show across the board. They were in over their head and bit off more than they can chew when they hired Megyn.”
Kelly announced this month that she was leaving Fox News for NBC.
Last year, she implicated former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes in a sexual harassment scandal that shook the company to its core. Her contract was also due to expire this year.
Executives at Fox News reportedly offered Kelly a four-year, $100 million deal to stay with the network, but she refused. Her 9 p.m. show was the second-most popular show after The O’Reilly Report.


















