THIS PETITION HAS BEEN CLOSED
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has filed a lawsuit against four individuals within the Obama Administration for taking unlawful executive action on immigration. The defendants are:
- President of the United States Barack Obama
- Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson
- Attorney General of the United States of America Eric Holder
- Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Leon Rodriquez
Sheriff Joe filed the suit the day after President Obama’s announcement of the Executive Order Amnesty programs.
Only Congress has the authority to create laws. The President’s unilateral actions to overstep the boundaries of authority require a swift response from Congress and the attention of the American people.
We the American people support Sheriff Joe because he is willing to uphold justice and the US Constitution. Sheriff Joe reminds us that we are a nation to be governed by laws, not men.
Sheriff Joe took an oath to uphold the rule of law, and he is doing just that by bringing a lawsuit to the President of the United States.
We the undersigned stand with the plaintiff, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio in his lawsuit against the President of the United States Barack Obama.
Share This Petition On Facebook
Excerpts from the lawsuit, which can be read in its entirety HERE, are below.
- While Defendant Obama hijacks the language of previous immigration regulation and law, Defendant Obama fundamentally transforms the definition of key terms to create a radically new and different regime of immigration law and regulation.
- The President cannot simply announce sweeping new rules and implement them by giving a speech.
- DACA and EOA are unconstitutional…..because instead of legislation first passing both houses of Congress and then being sent to the President under the “Presentment Clause” for signature and implementation or veto, the President originates legislation by himself and then dares the Congress to disagree.
- Defendant Obama’s amnesty programs merely shift the burden to the States and local governments, creating severe burdens and a crime wave in States along the border.
- Already, this announcement is doing irreparable harm, because it will stimulate a new flood of illegal aliens crossing the United States-Mexican border.
- Defendants and the Obama Administration have very strongly, along with its predecessors to a less extreme extent, conducted a persistent, comprehensive, full scale legal and political war against every effort to control the borders of the United States.
- Plaintiff respectfully asks the Court to enter Declaratory Judgment that a President may not grant amnesty to illegal aliens on the grounds of prosecutorial discretion.
- Plaintiff respectfully demands that the Court with regard to each and every Defendant: (1) Enter a preliminary restraining order until such time as the Court can hold a hearing to halt implementation of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program and the President’s new Executive Order Amnesty, because it will cause irreversible harm by encouraging more illegal aliens to enter the country unlawfully because of news of amnesty, inducing illegal aliens in the country to alter their circumstances in reliance on the amnesty programs, and creating new relationships and circumstances difficult to unravel if the amnesty programs are found to be unlawful, as it will result in the release of more criminal aliens onto the streets of Maricopa County and the United States as a whole…