by Kevin “Coach” Collins
- The Census Bureau reports that in 84 percent of our largest metropolitan areas, the percentage of “very poor” people increased during 2010;
- The number of people who fell into poverty in 2010, 2.6 million people, was the largest recorded increase since records were first kept in 1959;
- The number of “poor” has risen from 11.3 percent in 2000 to 15.1 percent today;
- During 2010, the poverty rate for children hit 22 percent;
- In at least 314 American counties, a minimum of 30 percent of children live with daily food insecurity;
- School lunch programs are an indispensible part of the daily food intake for more than 20 million children;
- More than 45 million Americans live on food stamps;
- Since the Democrats took control of Congress in 2007, the number of people on food stamps has jumped 74 percent;
- Current projections say that approximately 50 percent of all American children will on food stamps at some point before he or she reaches 18;
- When Medicaid was originated in 1965, just one of every 50 people depended on it. Today, with 50 million enrollees, Medicaid covers one in every six people;
- One in six Americans now depends on some kind of federal anti-poverty program;
- Food pantries and soup kitchens are serving 46 percent more Americans than they were in 2006;
- There may be as many as 500,000 American children who are homeless in our country today.
These sobering numbers remind us that, because of Obama and his party, the incessant whining of the Left that “We are all just one paycheck away from being homeless or hungry” seems to be bearing down on us. From day one, Obama has been rocking America’s “boat,” trying to capsize our economy. This guy meant business when he said he wanted to fundamentally transform America.
One year from today, all campaigning will be over. By then it will be too late. Roll up your sleeves. We have work to do.
To contact your Congressional representative, use this link:
To read more about this story, use these links:
This article originally appeared on CoachIsRight.com and is reprinted with permission.