Whenever one creates artificial rights based upon a particular behavior one is not born with, such “rights” generally come at the expense of real constitutional rights. One wouldn’t know it from watching or reading the news, but the “gay rights” movement has launched the greatest assault on our constitutional rights in our country’s history. Let me quickly summarize the various battlefronts:
Freedom of Speech/Press
Advertisement-content continues below
- Americans all over the country are receiving death threats for speaking out against homosexual marriage.
- Students have been suspended from schools for voicing traditional views on marriage or wearing shirts with slogans such as “Straight Pride.” Meanwhile, homosexual students are allowed to wear “gay pride” t-shirts.
- College professors have been fired for teaching traditional sexuality viewpoints.
- A Dire Straits song was banned in Canada that contains an alleged slur about homosexuals. Similar laws are on the way in the USA.
- Teachers and others have lost jobs for opposing the homosexual agenda on Facebook on their private time.
- The internet dating website eHarmony has been sued for not including same-sex couples.
- YouTube has pulled videos critical of the homosexual agenda.
- A person was detained at the Canadian border for possessing an article by this author that simply repeated the pro-pedophile statements and actions by some homosexual leaders.
- The Obama DOJ has issued a ruling that orders federal employees to promote “Gay Pride Month.” Incredibly, it states that “silence will be interpreted as disapproval.”
- Efforts are underway to ban actors and reality show stars like Phil Robertson for holding traditional views on sexuality.
Voting Rights/Political Participation
- Donors to pro-traditional marriage initiatives are being harassed, threatened with death, and losing jobs and business. Just recently, the CEO of Mozilla was fired due to contributing to a pro-traditional marriage initiative in California six years earlier.
- In at least a dozen states, pro-traditional marriage activists have been physically attacked and injured for passing out material in support of traditional marriage propositions.
Applying Justice Unequally
- Hate crime laws are being passed by states all over the country that set up a two-tier approach to enforcing our laws. If a person assaults a crippled woman in a wheel chair and then assaults a homosexual, he will receive a heavier sentence for the latter crime. Creating different penalties for the same crime based upon the sexual behavior of the victim is clearly unconstitutional. It is also predicated on knowing what’s in the heart of the person committing the crime, something prosecutors can never really know. Again, this is a thought-police type law and clearly a dangerous precedent.
Freedom of Religion
- All over America, Christian property owners are being harassed for refusing to rent to homosexuals and transsexuals, despite their moral objection to this lifestyle.
- State governments and courts are forcing businesses – such as wedding cake makers – to do business with homosexual couples. But no one is forcing black businesses to work with racists.
- State governments have fined Christian photographers because they refused to photograph homosexual weddings. But would a state fine a Jewish printer for refusing to print a Nazi brochure? Of course not.
- Christian-based adoption agencies are being ordered by state governments to place children with homosexual families, despite strong evidence that such families do NOT give the child the proper nurturing normal families provide.
- Throughout the country, pastors who preach traditional morality are receiving death threats; and their churches are being victimized with property damage.
- Pastors in Canada and Europe are being fined and/or arrested for simply preaching what the Bible clearly teaches us about homosexual behavior. It is just a matter of time before this occurs in America.
- An American pastor is being sued by a foreign homosexual group for a sermon that simply repeated the Biblical prohibitions against homosexuality.
- People who hold views in opposition to the homosexual agenda are being denied employment by government agencies.
- Christians have lost private sector jobs for expressing views against the homosexual agenda in private forums that have nothing to do with their jobs.
- Private Christian schools are being sued for refusing to hire homosexuals.
- The Federal ENDA law will result in a tidal wave of litigation against Christian businesspersons for simply living out their religious beliefs.
Advertisement-content continues below
- Schools are initiating dozens of new pro-homosexual programs designed to promote the homosexual lifestyle to children as young as kindergartner age, despite overwhelming evidence that the homosexual lifestyle is extremely dangerous and shortens one’s lifespan.
- State laws are being passed around the country allowing males who claim to have feminine feelings to enter female bathrooms, thereby setting up situations that will lead to sexual assaults.
- Macy’s has fired an employee for preventing a cross-dressing man from using the women’s dressing room.
- The Obama Administration has issued a federal regulation that bans employers from prohibiting cross-dressing men from using female bathrooms.
- State governments continue to assign troubled teens to group homes and other such programs that have long histories of homosexual molestation. These groups NEVER lose their state license.
Rights of Association
- Despite over 3,000 molestations by homosexual scout leaders and other youth leaders, “sexual orientation” laws are being passed by states that force youth groups like the Scouts and the YMCA to accept homosexual employees.
- California has proposed a law to ban Boy Scouts from ever serving as judges, due to the Scout’s prohibition on homosexual leaders.
- Christian student groups are being refused school recognition if they exclude homosexual students despite clear Biblical prohibition against such behavior.
- Students at colleges have been forced to accept a homosexual roommate, and one student who refused to live with a homosexual was fined and sent to sensitivity training.
- Hotels have been sued for refusing to rent to homosexual weddings.
- Hillary Clinton made a speech to the UN in 2011 to the effect that our homes should be monitored by the government for any discouragement of homosexuality, the parents be damned.
- Already, in Europe and in Canada, homeschoolers have been banned from teaching against homosexuality in their own homes. I can assure you, this is coming to America.
- States are now passing laws that remove parental permission for school programs that promote homosexuality to schoolchildren.
- Parents have been arrested for pulling their children out of pro-homosexual school programs.
- Christian parents have been banned from accepting foster children because they hold traditional sexuality views.
- Laws are being introduced to allow state governments to pull the license of fertility doctors for refusing to artificially inseminate lesbians.
- Psychologists have been fired for refusing to give pro-homosexual counseling to homosexuals.
- Doctors have faced career backlash for questioning sex change operations.
- Despite thousands of homosexuals successfully undergoing therapy to change their behavior, laws have been passed that ban the right of psychologists to engage in such therapy.
- Despite the documented harmful effects of the homosexual lifestyle, states are passing laws to prevent health care professionals and counselors from saying anything to a sexually confused child that does not affirm homosexual behavior.
- Organizations that counsel homosexuals to leave the lifestyle have been subject to death threats, harassment, and property damage.
- Students at public universities studying to be counselors have been dismissed from their programs if they hold traditional views on homosexuality.
- Let’s be clear: homosexuals enjoy the same constitutional rights all other Americans do (and no, marriage is NOT a constitutional right); so why do we need special laws for them? It’s because such special laws are not about securing rights they already have, but rather are used to promote their agenda. That’s their strategy, and they openly admit this in their strategy manuals.
When it comes to phony “bullying” laws, for example, understand that assaults against anyone are already illegal. Homosexuals are not exempt from existing laws that protect everyone else. What these so-called “bullying” laws really do is create a slew of new public school programs to propagandize students about the virtues of homosexual behavior.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by WesternJournalism.com.