by Helen Sabin
Lenin supposedly coined a term – useful idiots – for individuals he disdained but who sympathized with him and his actions.
The unwashed masses on Wall Street are those same types of idiots – useful for what they can be made to do but disgusting all the same for their stupidity. Consider Diane Sawyer, who opined that the protest has spread to thousands of countries. We don’t have thousands of countries in this world!
But we do have small towns like Colorado Springs, Colorado, population 416,000 who also experienced the idiots and their protests.
Last week they decided to stage a protest in downtown Colorado Springs to prove their power. They told an interviewer that they were there to protest the power of the banks and corporations that were evil.
Unfortunately they didn’t think to check the weather on their i-phones or Blackberry’s made by those evil corporations or they would have seen that the weather was changing – from 75 degrees to a frosty 31. Although they tried, the protest fizzled as the protesters were “snowed under.”
But the striking thing about these protesters was that they were just plain idiots, useful or otherwise. Most of the blithering fools couldn’t even coherently express what their economic reasons were for being on the street.
When asked by an interviewer as to why he was there, one stoned individual said, “I came here to get the chicks.” Of course, he so reeked of marijuana that the interviewer, who was a “chick,” kept smelling the hand on which she had sprayed perfume to ward off his stench.
When the interviewer talked to one couple and told them they actually supported the evil corporations they were protesting, they argued until she pointed out that without the corporations, they would have no cell phones, no cameras, no clothing, shoes, sleeping bags, hats, pillows, socks, blankets, underwear, sweaters, sweaters, hair ribbons, billfolds, fanny packs, necklaces, guitars, bikes, tents, head scarves, tarps, or any other item manufactured by corporations (who employ thousands to make that stuff). “Not true,” they argued, “We bought these things. It’s the corporations that took away jobs that we protest against.”
The following are some of the idiots’ answers when asked why they were protesting:
- “Do I look stupid?” asked one wearing a blanket around his hips. “I am here to protest the actions of the government who wants us to wear all cotton. This blanket is wool.” When asked if he weren’t cold as the temperature was then about 40 degrees and falling, the idiot replied, “NO I just pull the blanket up. See?” When asked about his feet and legs being bare and cold, the idiot replied, “NO I just drop the blanket. See?”
- “While every opinion is valid, most aren’t based in fact.”
- “I am here to get good health care like they have in Cuba,” opined one idiot. “I would also settle for health care like they have in Canada.” How about in Goombaba, Africa, asked the interviewer, and the idiot replied, “Yeah, like there too.”
- “I want single-payer health care – I want to buy my own health insurance and not have the government tell me I have to buy what everyone else has.”
- “I am here to show the tea party how to party!” was a final answer before the speaker decided it was too cold outside and he wanted a beer. “I support small businesses not big corporations,” he declared as he walked toward a local pub for a cold brew while pulling on his Columbia ski parka and REI hat.
- “I owe a lot to my parents who allowed me to be here, especially my mother and father who lost their jobs when Verizon moved to…uhhhh…some foreign country.” “China?” asked the interviewer. “Uh yeah, China or India,” he replied. “I don’t like them, either.”
- “The government is not doing enough about cleaning up the environment.” “What would you have them do?” asked the interviewer. “Well you know, clean up the environment.”
Yes, useful idiots are everywhere. Even small town USA has its share.
Please share this post with your friends and comment below. If you haven’t already, take a moment to sign up for our free newsletter above and friend us on Twitter and Facebook to get real time updates.