As the 2012 campaign season gets to a fever pitch, one race to watch will be California’s Senate race for the people’s seat currently held by Diane Feinstein. Currently,the top GOP candidate is Dr. Orly Taitz ESQ. Dr. Taitz had recently requested that a series of debates be scheduled with Senator Feinstein, providing that Dr. Taitz is the GOP nominee. The response from Feinstein’s campaign is simply amazing. It is loaded with pre-conditions, including banning FOX news from covering it. The following is that e-mail from www.orlytaitzesq.com.
Posted on | May 14, 2012 | 97 Comments
10:13 AM (5 hours ago)
Dear Dr. Taitz,
It looks like you may end up being the California Republican nominee for Senate in the November general election. While I understand that you wanted to set up some debates before the June primary, this would have been inappropriate given the large field of candidates.
However if, as anticipated, you do become the Republican candidate, I would like to set up three debates to be televised by three major television stations. The debates would take place in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego.Our campaign would suggest evening debates at 18:00 in order to capture a higher percentage of viewers.
However, our campaign has five ground rules which we would like agreement upon before proceeding further:
(1) No questions shall be asked and no answers shall be given concerning the eligibility of President Obama or any related matters. The debate should focus on economic, social, and foreign policy issues.
(2) The format of the debates shall provide for a two minute response, followed by a one minute rebuttal, followed by a 30 second response.
(3) No notes, documents, or teleprompters shall be allowed.
(4) No debates shall be televised by Fox News or any affiliates thereof.
(5) None of your supporters shall be allowed to attend. Guests shall be limited to 100 voters chosen at random.
Please let me know if these ground rules would be satisfactory. Also, please let me know of nine potential dates in October during which you would be available.
It seems very strange to me that Ms. Feinstein could demand the violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution on three seperate occasions in one e-mail. The right to free speech, the right to free press, and the right to peaceably assemble. Senator Feinstein should sit down and read the very document that she swore to uphold, defend, and protect. Senator Feinstein gives new meaning to Nancy Pelosi’s term of “draining the swamp”. I urge all Tea Party Patriots to do what you can to help Dr. Taitz take out the trash. From Obama, right on down. Stay safe, and be aware of your surroundings.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by WesternJournalism.com.