Who is your Savior?
To whom do you bow?
Advertisement-content continues below
Where do you “get truth?”
“It was a matter of letting me know that I was, in her view, way out of line and that I needed to get in line…I conveyed to her: ‘I’m not that kind of Negro. I’m a Jesus-loving black man who tells the truth, in the White House, in the crack house or in any other house.’ She got real quiet. It was clear that she was not used to being spoken to that way.” – Cornel West (recalling an exchange with a Senior Advisor to President Obama, as quoted in the New York Times. Dr. West describes himself a “non-Marxist socialist” because he cannot reconcile Marxism with Christianity).
Liberals are a very devoted lot. They have their own religion, they have their own doctrine (or dogma), and they are unwavering in their loyalty and obedience to their greater religious agenda.
To worship at the church of the liberal, you have to make a secular confession in which you proclaim your allegiance to the gods of the state.
Advertisement-content continues below
According to the Book of Liberal, the federal government is the source from which all good things flow. Justice, equality, and diversity will be fairly administered by the overseers of the state (a diverse conglomeration of far-left academic elites). At their discretion, all wrongs will be righted and scores settled.
If you are to partake of the blessings of the secular church of the liberal, there are a few rules by which you must abide:
1. Never question things too high and lofty (especially matters relating to human origin, the meaning of life, created purpose, and the like, which are beyond human reason and understanding.) Never contemplate on these things, and resist any serious consideration of the ‘myths’ perpetuated in former days to account for these things. There are experts who have a vast understanding of what makes the world go ’round. To their authority you must defer.
Ultimately, it is these very experts who will determine and expose the global threats to mankind and will facilitate the necessary measures/precautions/restraints (mechanical, chemical, medicinal, etc.) required to prepare for any and all future calamities, catastrophic events, widespread epidemics, and the like.
Armageddon will be the ultimate consequence if their counsel goes unheeded.
2. Do not trifle over economic matters. The basic and material needs of the masses will ultimately be sustained by the learned authorities whose confiscation of natural resources will be administered in a manner deemed most useful.
3. A reverential appreciation (and preservation) of the planet, and the creatures that are sustained thereby, is vital.
A personal dedication to ‘responsible procreation’ with a special emphasis and sensitivity toward population controls and the limits of shared resources are of the highest priority. Those who speak out against such things will be branded heretics and ultimately shunned by society.
4. There will be a mutual recognition and celebration of the desires, talents, and abilities of the individual, not for the sake of personal excellence, but for state-centered purposes. (In all that ye do, the state and its heads should be glorified!)
Shared economic sacrifice must eventually give way to statism, a system of rule in which the federal government has full authority to determine and administer an equal distribution of wealth (based on the projected needs of the people and the availability of confiscated resources.)
5. Personal gratification (a worship of the sensual self) and state loyalty (reverence to the greater earthly authority) are the two greatest virtues. All former faiths must be made superfluous (and take a back seat to our true secular purpose, as designed by the utopian gods, for the sake of all that is progressive.)
* Most importantly, the liberal zealot must never question the motives and integrity of those placed in authority. The secular authorities may only be mentioned in the context of praise, worship, and gratitude. Criticism and condescension will in nowise be tolerated.
These authorities will make things right once and for all. Do not worry over the methods applied and what it will mean to the future of a free society. Ultimately, they have your best interests at heart. Just remember, equality in bondage is preferable to a free, yet unequally yoked, society.
Regardless, a liberal paradise is just around the corner. The glorification of the liberal is at hand, a spiritual coup! The promise of a new world! A changing of the gods from the Judeo-Christian God to a smooth talking, liberal messiah.
This messiah has many gifts, like speaking in forked tongues. He may not be omniscient, but he has an almost miraculous capacity for unknowingness (especially when it comes to the doings, comings, and goings of his own administration). Falling just short of omnipresence, he can be readily found at a golf course near you….
Faithful liberals everywhere, rejoice! From out of Chicago, a savior has come!
The day of sorrow is no more. To the victor goes the spoils as thy food stamps awaits!
Despite such lofty achievements, may liberals everywhere remain humble in victory.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by WesternJournalism.com.