Upon his release, Bergdahl was transferred to the Landstuhl military medical facility in Germany, where he will have a medical and mental evaluation and treatment. ABC News has reported that there are legitimate concerns about Bergdahl’s physical and mental health, which (the network claims) has deteriorated over the years. Naturally, this would mean that he is in no shape to be interrogated about his actions. In fact it, will require a significant amount of time “before he can be questioned about his experience with the Taliban.” It’s a safe bet that “significant amount of time” will stretch beyond this year’s elections.
It’s standard operating procedure to conduct a review of a repatriated Prisoner of War (POW) to determine the activities of the individual. Such investigations are used to award meritorious behavior or punish collaboration with the enemy, especially as it might result in great harm to fellow POWs. If he is undergoing military review, it’s a safe bet that a White House representative will be present in order to make certain the review comes to the “proper” conclusions. There will certainly be a political angle injected in the investigation of SGT Bergdahl. After all, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey made the statement that “the Army might still pursue an investigation that could lead to desertion charges against Bergdahl” If the White House attempts to get Bowe Bergdahl off the hook after it has been clearly shown that he is guilty of desertion and treason, it will turn into a much bigger scandal than those the Regime had hoped to knock out of the headlines!
Who are the terrorists Obama turned loose in order to obtain the release of a possible traitor?
The five Guantanamo Bay prisoners swapped for Bergdahl are:
- Khair Ulla Said Wali Khairkhwa, captured in 2012, a former Taliban interior minister possible close ties with Osama bin Laden. He was one of the major opium drug lords in western Afghanistan.
- Mullah Mohammad Fazl. Former commander of the opposition terrorist to the Northern Alliance and the former chief of army staff. Wanted by The Hague for war crimes committed during the Afghanistan’s civil war. He is wanted by the UN for the massacre of thousands of Afghan Shiites. This guy should have never been freed.
- Mullah Norullah Noori. Former Governor.
- Abdul Haq Wasiq. Former intelligence service deputy chief and intelligence provider to al Qaeda.
- Mohammad Nabil Omari, former chief of communications who aided al Qaeda fighters’ escape from Afghanistan to Pakistan.
All this so Obama could get the VA, NSA, IRS, and the Benghazi scandal off of the front page.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by WesternJournalism.com.