Reprobation is a condition of moral confusion that the scriptures say will be pervasive in the last days of time as we know it. (Romans 1: 27-32) It is a result of spiritual deprivation that always accompanies moral decline according to every historical record of man. Nations rise and fall on the outcome of this powerful and recurring social and spiritual malady.
In this clouded nether region of convoluted thinking, identifying exactly who leaders are is part and parcel to the confusion entire generations have concerning their own identities. Teens are thought to rebel and act out largely because they are struggling to ascertain their own identities.
Advertisement-content continues below
We are not sure if politicians are crooks or statesmen, Republicans or RINO’s. Is the cop a public servant or a mobster; is the teacher an educator or a molester? Is the sports hero a role model or a drug abuser? Our failure to properly identify people is often discovered far too late. Is it too late to discover who is leading us today, or who led us to the truth in the past? We are moving dangerously close to a simple “yes” on that question. Let’s see.
In a day when minds were less muddled, a day Jesus called a “green tree” (Lk 23: 31), the single most important question ever asked was laid upon the band of twelve men who followed him daily. It was the question of the hour, and it is still the single most important question of all time. It is a question of identity.
“When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, whom do men say that I the Son of man am?” (Mt 16: 13)
Advertisement-content continues below
His followers gave him a mixed answer that included the various opinions of the entire community. It was much like a blog response where every viewpoint is voiced, but none are definitive or completely authoritative. The disciples told Jesus that some of the people thought he was a prophet or the reincarnation of John the Baptist. Many of the people thought he was a fake and a charlatan and possibly demon-possessed. (Jn 8: 48)
Christ told them to get off the opinions of men and answer the question for themselves. In an answer as clear as the sky, the Apostle Peter answered the question in no uncertain terms for himself and those who followed Christ from day to day observing his speech and the many miracles he did.
“He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Mt 16: 15, 16)
In this day of the – “dry tree,” (2 Ti 3: 1-7), identity confusion reigns but is most apparent in the strong varying views of just who our President really is. A list of seven possible identities barely covers the full range of identity questions for Barack Obama, but it is a start.
1. Is he a good old American prez or a communist? Many people think his economic policies, which tend to favor government care for all but little help for entrepreneurs and capitalists, is a clear sign that his proclivities are communistic. But none could speak with more authority than the former communists. Author Xavier Lerma, writing in Russia’s online version of Pravda, formerly the voice of communism in the old Soviet Union, compares Russian President Putin to Ronald Reagan while Obama is seen as an old line communist in policy and vision.
2. Is our president a family man or the first gay president? Newsweek emblazoned the artistically-produced likeness of Barack Obama (with a halo) on its cover with the caption “The First Gay President” in May of 2012. Gay blogger Andrew Sullivan wrote the cover story after Obama told the nation he supports gay marriage. Sullivan said Obama’s proclamation brought him to tears, even as those who understand the scriptural teaching on homosexuality were brought to tears for altogether different reasons.
3. World Net Daily’s introduction to the January Whistleblower edition said that the often-asked question about whether Obama is a Muslim has been “one of the most radioactive questions surrounding his presidency.” While no Muslim country has yet nailed Barack as a hardline Sunni or Shia Muslim, the hope he chooses to place in the Muslim Brotherhood movements in the Arab world indicate where his affections lie. If recent events in Benghazi are any reflection of Obama’s Muslim-ness, we are forced to conclude that in a showdown, American interests, her citizens, and her constitution may not count for much.
4. Is the President as genuine as a gold dollar on the bite, or is he an incredible fake? According to Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his posse, Mr. Obama is a total fraud. What was once a single issue known as the ‘birther’s question’ has burgeoned into a mystery of epic proportions. Now it’s missing school records, a fraudulent social security number, a forged selective service record, and a bevy of forensic experts claiming that the birth certificate is as phony as a three dollar bill. Just about anyone with an ounce of casual curiosity could hardly pass by all of these blaring inconsistencies without raising an eyebrow. And yet millions of voters did just that, only a few short months past.
In crowd-conscious America, what would be the easiest: to push a few conspiracy theorists off into a corner and label them all as paranoid kooks, or get over 62 million liberal-leaning voters to admit they have been willfully defrauded?
5. The question of whether Mr. Obama is a law-abiding citizen is now lost in a storm of impeachment threats, investigations, and accusations. Obama has kept lawmakers in the dark on everything from the ‘unified agenda’ to the facts about the gun-running circus called ‘Fast and Furious.’ A one-man government may look a lot better if it is run by a pop culture icon; but it is by any other name, just another dictatorship.
6. As an economist, Barack has broken all records. He has promised recovery and claimed to put America back to work even as the jobless rate soars and trillions of dollars of debt are rising like a tsunami threatening the very existence of the nation. His cavalier spending mentality almost succeeded but for the full resistance of the Republican-controlled house.
Laying another three trillion dollars on the nation was followed by whisking himself back to Hawaii to finish his vacation on the taxpayer’s dime. It is a dime estimated at 20 million dollars. Using taxpayer’s money to tour the globe, while raising taxes on citizens, goes far beyond an identity crisis. Is Mr. Obama an economist or a rank amateur with a Robin Hood syndrome bordering on the psychotic? You decide.
7. Many people around the nation have wondered if Mr. Obama is the dreaded but well prophesied antichrist. Not a week passes for this writer where I am not found addressing that question for someone. No, I don’t think he is the antichrist; but should I be wrong, I can safely say it is a bit too soon to tell.
Inasmuch as he has directly opposed the Word of God (supporting the gay agenda and abortion), he is according to the Apostle John, at the very least, an antichrist.
John said: “Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.” (1Jn 2: 18)
I would go on record for saying that if Mr. Obama is in office at the time antichrist is revealed, he will most likely welcome him into the world’s political arena as an innovator and statesman of extraordinary ability.
The Bible says the antichrist will be aided by a figure called the false prophet. He takes little or no credit for himself but instructs the world to give all allegiance and submission to his guide and mentor, the antichrist. I think it is far more likely that Obama could be this man. Outlandish? Not when you consider that identity crisis queen Oprah called Obama “The One” and actor Jamie Foxx called him “our Lord and Savior.” My estimation is both probable and far more honest.
America is in an identity crisis herself; and the only question remaining is – if we cease to be America, exactly what will we be?
American Prophet.org has since 2005 featured the articles and reports of journalist Rev Michael Bresciani along with news and reviews that have earned this site the title of The Website for Insight. Millions have read his timely reports and articles in online journals and print publications across the nation and the globe. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Photo credit: SS&SS (Creative Commons)
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by WesternJournalism.com.