“Progressives” have long held the Declaration of Independence as legally unfettered from their view of a “living, breathing Constitution.” They are horrified by the critical and foundational truth “endowment by our Creator” – even omitting the phrase from patriotic-sounding Presidential speeches. There’s more to the moral, spiritual, and philosophical basis of the Constitution than defining “inalienable rights” coming from God. The Founders’ statements in the Declaration are in bullet points. My observations of these statements are in (parentheses).
Advertisement-content continues below
There are no new sins of despots, only new spins for undefined change and the tiresome, “Hey get with it, it’s the 18th, 19th, 20th and now the 21st Century” as if the human hunger for freedom and need to observe natural law change with the whims of the arrogant-ignorant. The “21st Century Get with It” crowd exposes the damage done by the aggressors in this modern spiritual war – yes it is spiritual warfare, like it or not.
These direct quotes from the Declaration of Independence need no further explanation. The chronicled history of the Founders is noted as follows:
- “…repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world:”
- He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good (energy, monetary, and foreign policy to destroy our economy and enrich his cronies and our enemies – even to spilling American blood and treasure to install laws and constitutions foreign to and opposed to our Constitution and human freedom.)
- He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance (illegal immigration over the normal process of welcoming new peoples, maintaining the peace, opposing the Constitution and the citizen’s right of self defense), unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
- He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly, for opposing with ‘manly’ firmness his invasions on the rights of the people. (Bypassing Congress, creating an ineffective Senate incapable of presenting a budget or responding to bills passed by the House; by Executive Orders, overturning initiatives approved overwhelmingly by the people – immigration policy, marriage under natural law between a man and woman.)
- He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within (Occupy anarchism, union thuggery, voter fraud, failure to enforce the borders, establishing an opposing ‘civilian defense force as strong and well-funded as the military.’)
- He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands (Removing lands from resource exploration and development, draconian EPA and development regulations, minimum and prevailing wage demands to eliminate competition and compromise free enterprise by driving up the cost of doing business and destroying entry-level job opportunities in favor of union control.)
- He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers (Appointing judges who have disdain for the Constitution, even though they solemnly swear to uphold it – in league with all too many elected and bureaucratic officials.)
- He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance (Obamacare, alone with its 159 new agencies and selective privileges in green, health, education, welfare, and union venues. A 312 page set of rules for light bulbs went into effect on 1/1/13.)
- He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation: (Conspiring with international financial speculators and passing laws so complicated and indiscernible that they are loaded with special privileges, poison pills, and bureaucratic license such as that being used to attack businesses, citizens, Judaism, and Christianity in general and the Catholic Church in particular. No law should exceed one specific subject area or 100 pages in length; or it is, by definition, pretended legislation.)
By applying Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals and Cloward and Pivens strategies, the Administration and its cronies are overwhelming the system with harassment and untenable regulations, creating dependency within a large segment of the population through ignorance of our laws, traditions, and history; and usurping the parental role and responsibility for raising children in favor of the state. Over 1,300 days have passed since the Senate provided a Constitutionally required budget while refusing to act on House bills passed to carry out Constitutional duties the people elected them for and they swore to uphold.
We all know the same tactics have ultimately failed throughout history at the cost of hundreds of millions of lives amid horrible human suffering and destruction of the works and dreams of many by the sword, the bomb, and the torch. We know better that a Constitutional Republic under God works extraordinarily well and must be restored, or we will suffer the fate of civilizations that came before us. Sadly, the Fourth Estate of the media has become the Fifth Column of complicity rather than the guardians on the ramparts of freedom. Most of the Academy has become the home of political correctness and anarchy at the cost of polite and intelligent discourse.
Advertisement-content continues below
When the Declaration was written, it was in opposition to long-established colonial power from afar. Declaring independence was the logical means of separation. Today, it is the usurpation of human and Constitutional rights of an established and successful nation. Today, the same offenses must be named and acted on for what it appears to me to be treason!
We have ignored the Declaration and paid the price! Moral issues aside, it costs 3 to 4 times as much for government to usurp community responsibilities for the corporal and spiritual works of mercy – health, education, and welfare, resulting in not only loss of freedom, but gaining a growing mountain of debt. Isn’t it time we re-examine our legacy? We owe it to our founders, to our children, and to Almighty God – regardless of race, ethnicity, or party affiliation. We owe it to our own survival as a people and a nation.
Photo credit: snowlepard (Creative Commons)
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by WesternJournalism.com.