Dear Sheriff Arpaio:
In a recent interview with Mike Broomhead on KFYI 550 AM in Phoenix, Arizona, when asked about a possible firearm confiscation law coming from the Obama Administration, you stated: “I may not enforce that federal law.” Unfortunately, the word “may” puts us in the ambiguous realm of “you may or may not” enforce a federal firearm confiscation law. That, coupled with your comment that you would be purchasing semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons for your department, gives one additional pause for concern as to how these weapons are going to be used. Yes, you said they would be used against the “bad guys.” But one has to wonder: who will you consider to be the “bad guys” in an Obama federal gun confiscation scheme?
You said that you have taken an oath numerous times to support and defend the U.S. Constitution. I believe that you have a true love for the U.S. Constitution and for the God given freedoms that it recognizes and guarantees. I do believe that the citizens of Maricopa County deserve a more definitive answer as to where you and your office stand regarding a potential federal firearm confiscation order from the Obama Administration. Without equivocation, will you enforce or ignore a federal firearm confiscation law by the Obama Administration?
I have included an incomplete list of county sheriffs who have, without equivocation, stated that they will abide by their oaths to uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic and will support the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights. They will not participate in any federal gun confiscation scheme. As the Toughest Sheriff in America, I believe that your name and your office should be at the top of the list of sheriffs who will honor their oaths to defend the people’s Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
I would encourage you to clear up this ambiguity at your earliest convenience in an M.C.S.O. Press Release. The citizens of Maricopa County have a right to know exactly where you stand on this issue.
Sun City West, Arizona
1. Jackson County, Kentucky Sheriff Denny Peyman
2. Linn County, Oregon Sheriff Tim Mueller
3. Madison County, Idaho Sheriff Roy Klingler
4. Crook County, Oregon Sheriff Jim Hensley
5. Douglas County, Oregon Sheriff John Hanlin
6. Curry County, Oregon Sheriff John Bishop
7. Livingston County, Missouri Sheriff Steve Cox
8. Smith County, Texas Sheriff Larry Smith
9. Josephine County, Sheriff Gil Gilbertson
10. Madison Count, Alabama Sheriff Blake Dorning
11. Larimer County, Colorado Sheriff Justin Smith
12. Charleston County, South Carolina Sheriff Al Cannon
13. Morgan County, Alabama Sheriff Ana Franklin
14. Houston County, Alabama Sheriff Andy Hughes
15. Gilmer County, Georgia Sheriff Stacy Nicholson
16. Pine County, Minnesota Sheriff Robin Cole
17. Grant County, Oregon, Sheriff Glenn Palmer
18. Coos County, Oregon Sheriff Craig Zanni
19. Johnson County, Missouri Sheriff Charles Heiss
20. Martin County, Florida Sheriff Bill Snyder
21. Siskiyou County, Califorhia Sheriff Jon Lopey
22. Humboldt County, Nevada Sheriff Ed Kilgpore
23. Stanislaus County, California Sheriff Adam Christianson
24. Grant County, Oregon Sheriff Glenn Palmer
25. Lawrence County, Missouri Sheriff Bard DeLay
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by WesternJournalism.com.
Don't Miss Out. Subscribe By Email Or Facebook