“While our country remains untainted with the principles and manners which are now producing desolation in so many parts of the world; while she continues sincere, and incapable of insidious and impious policy, we shall have the strongest reason to rejoice in the local destination assigned us by Providence. But should the people of America once become capable of that deep simulation towards one another, and towards foreign nations, which assumes the language of justice and moderation, while it is practising iniquity and extravagance, and displays in the most captivating manner the charming pictures of candour, frankness, and sincerity, while it is rioting in rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the world. Because we have no government, armed with power, capable of contending with human passions, unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. Oaths in this country are as yet universally considered as sacred obligations. That which you have taken, and so solemnly repeated on that venerable ground, is an ample pledge of your sincerity and devotion to your country and its government.” -John Adams (Letter to the Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts, 11 October 1798)
Advertisement – story continues below
1. God’s Creation – God created all things; the Biblical account of creation is completely trustworthy.
(Genesis 1-9, Deuteronomy 4, Job 4, 10, 14, 28,35-37, Exodus 3, 10,19, Ecclesiastes 1, Psalm 19,94,102,104,107,115,119,121,135, Jeremiah 27,51, Amos 4, Acts 14, Proverbs 20, Matthew 19, Nehemiah 9, Isaiah 40,42,44, Zechariah 12, Jonah 1, John 1, Acts 14,17, Romans 1, Corinthians 15, Ephesians 3, Colossians 1, Hebrews 1,16, Revelation 14)
2. Sovereignty of God – He has created us for Himself of His good pleasure. We are restless until we are reconciled unto God and ultimately restored by the blood of the Savior, Jesus Christ!
Advertisement – story continues below
(Psalm 22,103, Deuteronomy 8, Daniel 4, 1 Chronicles 26,29, John 3, 1 Timothy 6, 2 Timothy 1, Acts 2, Revelation 4, 1 Corinthians 8)
3. Original Sin – The fall of man has left everything broken and bruised. Nobody is sparred from the effects of sin internally or externally, spiritually or physically. We are all created in God’s image, but all of creation has been deeply wounded from the effects of sin. Although there are moments of prosperity, peace, and tranquility, this life is often a vale of tears…we must live for something more, something better.
(Romans 3,5,7, 1 Corinthians 15, Genesis 3,8, Psalm 14,51, Mark 7, Ephesians 2, Proverbs 22, Job 15, Jeremiah 17, Ecclesiastes 9, 1 John 3)
4. Moral law – The commands of God are still binding, although they cannot be kept perfectly. Once made alive through Jesus Christ, who paid the price on our behalf, we are now dead to sin and will no longer desire to have it live in our hearts.
(Matthew 5, Romans 6, 2 Timothy 3, Exodus 20, Deuteronomy 5, Leviticus 19, Proverbs 6)
5. Regeneration – We are spiritually dead in our natural state and have to be made alive by the Holy Spirit who applies the truths of Scripture to our hearts.
(John 1,3,6, Titus 3, Matthew 19, 2 Peter 1, Ephesians 2, Acts 3, 2 Corinthians 5, Romans 8)
6. Redemption – All the pain, all the tears, all the adversities, all the heartache, and all the suffering we experience in this life will be washed away for those who have given their lives to Jesus in faith, with fear and trembling, hope and love, and a true desire for righteousness.
(Revelation 21, Ephesians 1, Galatians 3, Romans 3, Colossians 1, 1 Corinthians 6,7)
7. Inerrancy of Scriptures – Filled with God-inspired wisdom, scripture is trustworthy and speaks to all essential matters of spiritual and earthly living. Jesus Himself and His disciples referenced scripture as trustworthy and authoritative
(Revelation 22, John 1,6, Proverbs 30, Deuteronomy 4, Matthew 5,7,19,22, Mark 9, 2 Timothy 3)
8. Evangelism – God’s followers are on fire for The Lord and will become ‘fishers of men’.
(Hebrews 10, 1 John 5, Matthew 9,28, Luke 9, John 1,10,14, Acts 2,3,4,13,16,22, Romans 10,12, Mark 1, Isaiah 49, )
9. Traditional Family – The nuclear family (father, mother, children) is ordained by God. God is the Ultimate Authority in all matters, and we are to live in service to The Lord with love and goodwill to our fellow man.
(Matthew 19, Genesis 2,9, 1 Timothy 3, Exodus 20, Proverbs 1, Ephesians 6, Colossians 3, Psalm 103, Joshua 24, Proverbs 11,31)
10. Personal Responsibility, Accountability, and Charity – We should diligently provide for our families and glorify God in all that we do (including our vocations) by maintaining a strong sense of moral responsibility in thought, word, and deed. We should bear each others burdens, provide for the needs of the poor and the needy, and love our neighbors as ourselves. The believer is sanctified and seeks to walk in humility, righteousness, and holiness through Christ, who strengthens us!
(1 Timothy 5, 2 Timothy 1, Galatians 6,2 Corinthians 5, Philippians 4, Proverbs 28, 2 Peter 1, Luke 10,11,12, 1 Corinthians 5,6,13, Ezekiel 18, Genesis 4, Colossians 3, 2 Thessalonians 3, Deuteronomy 15, 16, Proverbs 3,11,21,22,28, Matthew 6, Mark 12, Luke 3,6, Acts 20, Romans 12, James 2,4, 2 Corinthians 9, Matthew 5, Ephesians 4, 1 Peter 2,4, 1 John 2)
If this Country is going to go down, it should not be a result of apathy and indifference…if this administration is going to continue to endorse the destruction of the body AND the soul, faithful Christians throughout this great nation must ask The Lord to use them to win some (the deceived) back…
Photo Credit: knowhimonline (Creative Commons)
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by WesternJournalism.com.