This came to me from an emailer. Think what you will of Mitt Romney; compare the following to Barack Obama, and vote accordingly in November. Don’t forget that there are House and Senate elections as well. One way to keep a president in line is to surround him with constitutionalists.
1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting’s #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)
4. Can’t speak in a fake, southern ” black preacher voice ” when up at the podium.
5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School . . . and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.
6. Doesn’t smoke or drink alcohol and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today’s America?
7. Represents an America of “yesterday” where people believed in God, went to church, didn’t screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!
8. Has a family of five great sons …. and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that “choice” alone has prompted America’s scorn.
9. Oh yes . . . he’s a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally responsible, charitable, self-reliant, and honest. Compare Romney’s Mormonism with the rhetoric of Jeremiah Wright.
10. And one more point . . . pundits say because of his wealth, he can’t relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that’s because he made that money HIMSELF . . . as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad. Apparently, he didn’t understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you un-relatable and offensive to Americans.
Photo Credit : Gage Skidmore Creative Commons